Sunday 2 September 2012

Wall

We ventured out of Batch Valley and onto the Long Mynd today, walking up Townbrook Hollow and back down Ashes Hollow. One of our favourite walks and plenty of butterflies were in evidence once the sun started to shine, including a Grayling which just eluded the camera. On the walk back across to Church Stretton we came across this nectaring on thistles.

Wall

This is the first Wall butterfly I have seen for decades. They have declined substantially in central England and I never saw one when I lived in Oxfordshire. So I was very pleased to see this beautiful insect. We also came across this interesting fungi which I need to look up.

Fungi

After I walk we popped up to Hanwood, and found this pretty Silver Y moth hanging on a Hydranga.

Silver Y

No comments:

Post a Comment